Saturday, May 24, 2014

Week-end tallies: Third week in review

Once again, the week has gotten away from me before I had a chance to write much. Don't worry, there's still things coming - I have a few things ready for next week, including the promised discussion on remaking and repurposing old pieces, and also a special bit on packaging your products for shipping.

It isn't hard to add a little something special to your packaging to make it really pop. If you package things beautifully, too, your customers will enjoy that as an extra-special treat when they're unwrapping it! It's easy to do without breaking the bank, so I'll be sharing some secrets I've learned over the years.

The total value of items I have ready to list for sale has more than doubled this week, though not everything is up and listed just yet. I'll admit I cheated a little bit, most of the gain has come from sorting things out and finding a lot of great pieces I'd made up ages ago and never sold. I've listed six of them in the Etsy shop today, but here's a peek at my two favorites:

Red pearl and brass filigree earrings, $9

Rose quartz Tree of Life pendant, $25

That's a wrap for this week! We're creeping up on the point now where I'll break even on my start-up expenses.
Oh, that reminds me - Start-up expenses are something we'll be discussing soon, too!


Total value of items made: $471.00
Total expenses to run business: $51.77
Total income: $40.00

No comments:

Post a Comment